UnrealIRCd is an Open Source IRC Server, serving thousands of IRC networks since 1999. It runs on Linux, FreeBSD, OS X and Windows and is currently the most widely deployed IRC Server with a market share of 42% according to IRCStats.org.
Some of UnrealIRCd's most notable features include:
- Module support: full freedom to load specific features or not
- Advanced and highly configurable configuration file
- Extensive documentation (on this wiki and also on IRC through the /HELPOP command)
- SSL/TLS encrypted client and server connections, with secure defaults and a lot of configuration options.
- Channel Owners (+q) and Channel Admins (+a)
- Channel Half-ops (+h)
- Advanced anti-flood and anti-spam systems: Spamfilter, channel mode +f, DNS Blacklists (DNSBL), AntiRandom, connection throttling based on reputation.
- Advanced banning through extended bans, including but not limited to: timed bans (that are removed after X minutes), allowing/exempting by services account name, certificate fingerprint, etc.
- Text filtering via a "swear filter" user/channel mode (+G) and per-channel text filter via the ~T extban.
- Channel linking (+L)
- Hostname cloaking (+x)
- Color blocking and stripping (+c/+S)
- Much more... see also the Features section.
If you want to download UnrealIRCd, go to https://www.unrealircd.org/download