UnrealIRCd is an Open Source IRC Server, serving thousands of IRC networks since 1999. It runs on Linux, FreeBSD, OS X and Windows and is currently the most widely deployed IRC Server with a market share of over 50%.
Some of UnrealIRCd's most notable features include:
- Module support: full freedom to load specific features or not
- Advanced and highly configurable configuration file
- Extensive documentation (on this wiki and also on IRC through the /HELPOP command)
- SSL/TLS encrypted client and server connections
- Channel Owners (+q) and Channel Admins (+a)
- Channel Half-ops (+h)
- Advanced anti-flood and anti-spam systems (such as Spamfilter and channel mode +f)
- Advanced banning through 'extended bans'
- Swear filtering (+G)
- Channel linking (+L)
- Hostname cloaking (+x)
- Color blocking and stripping (+c/+S)
- Much more... see also the Features section.